Protecting the privacy and security of your personal information is a priority at Sousa Bows, and we do our best to ensure that your personal information is always handled in a safe and responsible manner in accordance with the following principles:
- Sousa Bows strives to communicate clearly about your privacy and how we handle your personal information.
- Sousa Bows follows security standards, processes and procedures that are designed to protect your personal information.
1. What Information Do We Collect?
Personal Information we may collect from you:
- your name, username, email address, and password
- information from Third Party Services that you explicitly give us access to
- your contact information, such as your phone number, social media handle, or email (depending on how you contact us)
- your credit card information (although we use a third party payment processor, as described below), billing address and shipping address, if you make purchases through the Site
- live chats and customer service phone calls
- survey responses to the extent you include Personal Information
Non-Personal Information we may collect from you:
- the name of your internet service provider
- the IP address of the computer you use to access our Site
- the type of browser software you are using
- the operating system you are using
- the date and time you access our Site
- the website address, if any, that linked you to our Site
- the website address, if any, you leave our website and travel to
- your homepage customization preferences
- search engine search terms and advertising clicks/actions
- weblogs and other clickstream data
- survey responses to the extent you do not include Personal Information
- in-store and near-store mobile device wireless signature information (such as a MAC address), which we use solely on an anonymous basis, as described below
- other non-personally identifiable traffic data
2. How Do We Collect Information?
We may collect your information in the following ways:
Communications You Initiate with Us
If you contact us in person, by phone, email, instant message, live chat, social media, or by some other means (either through our Site or through Third Party Services), we may keep a record of your contact information and correspondence for later reference, to help improve our service. When we send you emails, we may track whether you open them to figure out how to deliver more relevant and helpful emails and improve our services.
Third Party Services
Our customers are active in many different communities, both offline and online, and we like facilitating that wherever we can. Some parts of our Site can be linked up with other accounts you have, such as your Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, or Google+ account (“Third Party Accounts”). If you link to Third Party Accounts from our Site, we may collect some information about your use of the Third Party Account. We will only be able to collect the information if you’ve authorized the Third Party Service to provide us with that information or if you’ve made the information public. Additionally, if you mention us through your Third Party Account, we may collect information and content related to your comment that is publicly available. If you wish to limit the information available to us, you should be sure to manage the privacy settings of your Third Party Accounts. One thing we won’t ever store is your Third Party Account password.
If you link your account on the Site with a Third Party Account, we may also collect and store publicly available information about your contacts and friends from the linked Third Party Account. This information may include their photo, name, email address, birthday, interests or other content you can see when you access such profiles on those Third Party Services. We may also collect and store information if you invite other users to the Site by providing us with their Personal Information.
Information We Automatically Collect
Like most websites, our Site may incorporate technology such as “pixel tags”, “web beacons”, and “cookies” that allow us to track the actions of users of our Site. Pixel tags, web beacons and cookies collect Non-Personal Information.
Pixel tags or web beacons are tracking devices on websites or in emails that can monitor the behavior of the user visiting the website or sending the email.
Cookies are small files that web servers may place on your computer when you visit a website. Cookies help us to: (1) speed navigation, keep track of items in your shopping cart, and provide you with content that is tailored to you; (2) remember information you gave us so that you don’t have to re-enter it; (3) determine the effectiveness of some of our marketing efforts and communications; and (4) monitor the total number of visitors, pages viewed, and the total number of banners displayed.
You may be able to set your web browser to reject cookies entirely or require that it request permission from you before accepting each new cookie. You can also delete cookies from your hard drive once you leave a website. If you disable cookies, however, you will not be able to place items in the Site’s shopping cart, and therefore you will not be able to place an order with us online. Also, by not using cookies, some of the Site’s features and services may not function properly.
We may also collect information when you are visiting our Store. Like most retailers, we have in-store video that helps us understand customer behavior within our physical space. We may also anonymously collect wireless device signature information while you are near or in our Store to help us better understand our customers. This information will not be linked to you individually.
Information Collected from Visitors Outside the United States
If you are visiting Sousa Bows from outside the United States and provide us with personal information, please note that your personal information will be transferred, stored and processed within the United States. The data protection laws in the United States may not be as comprehensive as those in your country. By doing business or interacting with Sousa Bows, you are consenting to the transfer of your personal information to facilities located in the United States and other facility locations selected by Sousa Bows.
3. How Do We Use the Information We Collect?
Protecting the privacy and security of your Personal Information is a priority at Sousa Bows. SOUSA BOWS DOES NOT SELL OR RENT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES. Sousa Bows uses your Personal Information to provide you with a superior customer experience on our Site and, as necessary, to administer our business. If we share your Personal Information, we do so, only as described below. For example, we may use your Personal Information to:
- contact you when necessary
- respond to your comments or questions
- provide you with additional information according to your preferences
- generate anonymous statistics to help us improve the customer experience
- make the Site easier and more convenient for you (such as by pre-populating forms when you have already provided identical information)
- provide recommendations to you
- send you information and marketing materials about services and products available through our Site
- train our team members
- manage our other internal business
We may share or disclose aggregated Non-Personal Information on our Site, with service providers, and/or with other persons we conduct business with. These service providers and other persons may also share with us aggregated Non-Personal Information that they have independently developed or acquired. Additionally, we may combine aggregate information from the pixel tags, web beacons and cookies we discussed above with similar data we collect from other visitors to help us improve our Site, but that aggregate, anonymous information cannot be linked back to you.
When you interact with Sousa Bows in certain ways, you may be eligible to receive certain marketing related and promotional communications as well as special offers (collectively “Promotional Communications”) from Sousa Bows. We don’t want to bother you with unwanted email or other mailings. If, at any time, you wish to no longer receive Promotional Communications from Sousa Bows please follow the instructions below.
You can remove your name from our mailing list by sending an email to [email protected] stating that you wish to unsubscribe and indicating in the subject line of the e-mail “NO EMAIL”. Alternatively, you may choose to opt-out by clicking on the appropriate link at the bottom of each email and following the instructions to unsubscribe. Although we will promptly remove your name from our email list upon receiving your request, it is possible that you may still receive emails from us that had been initiated prior to your name being removed from our list.
You can also contact us by mail at:
Attn: Customer Service—Privacy
6869 SW 8th Street
Miami, FL 33144
Generally, we will not disclose your Personal Information to unaffiliated third parties.
We may provide your Personal Information to our employees, contractors, agents, service providers and designees (“Agents”) to enable them to perform certain services for us exclusively, including:
- website-related services such as web hosting
- improvement of website-related services and features
- maintenance services
- distribution of advertisements and other marketing materials on our behalf
Unless we notify you otherwise, our Agents do not have any right to use the Personal Information we share with them beyond what is necessary to assist us.
We may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, customer information is typically one of the business assets that would be transferred. Also, if we (or our assets) are acquired, or if we go out of business, enter bankruptcy, or go through some other change of control, Personal Information could be one of the assets transferred to or acquired by a third party.
Protection of Us and Others
With Your Consent
Except as we’ve stated above, we will notify you before we share your Personal Information with any third parties, and you will be able to prevent the sharing of this information.
4. How Do We Secure Your Personal Information?
We take significant and appropriate security measures, including physical, technological and procedural measures, to help to safeguard your Personal Information and to prevent unauthorized access and disclosure. In addition, we use industry-standard technology, such as firewalls and sophisticated encryption and authentication tools in the transmission of certain sensitive Personal Information, designed to prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your Personal Information, and, as technology develops, we intend to take additional measures to improve security.
We want you to feel confident whenever you access our Site. Even though we are focused on the security of your Personal Information and we use commercially reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Information by following strict standards, processes and procedures, we cannot guarantee complete security, and you should not expect that your Personal Information will remain secure in all circumstances. Any information that you provide to us is done so entirely at your own risk.